Monday, September 30, 2013

Off to the Maasai Mara

My conference is over.  I had a great time, but I am ready to go home to Gaborone.  Overall I think Kenya was a good host country for the conference.  The event had a very African feel to it in terms of the topics discussed, the food served, the hospitality and the entertainment.  Here is a video of local dancers from the Kenyan Night event.  Be sure to take notice of the Maasai Warrior sitting at the front table on the lower left side:


Though the conference is over I’m not leaving Kenya quite yet. Tomorrow I am headed to Maasai Mara.  The Mara is adjacent to the Serengeti in Tanzania.  Right now the Great Migration of wildebeest and zebra is taking place, so I’m told we may see thousands of animals on their way south.  The Mara is also well known for its lions, leopards and cheetahs, so I’m really looking forward to seeing some big cats.  No doubt I will have some more pictures to share soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment