Saturday, May 3, 2014

The Amazing Race: Botswana

Last year, right around the time I heard I received the Fulbright and would be moving to Botswana, The Amazing Race was showing on television.  The show sent teams on a race through Maun, in northern Botswana.  Since I have several visitors scheduled to come visit in the next few weeks I asked the professor with whom I co-teach at UB to put me in touch with the San Bushmen from the show.  (My professor friend is a Bushman from that area.)  I am happy to report my guests will be participating in our own version of The Amazing Race! Amanda and Ashleigh, feel free to watch this video to witness the contestants attempting to harvest scorpions and start a fire from elephant dung.  There will be a test, so I recommend taking notes.

2 comments:

  1. I have always said , you and your brother should do this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be fun. But you know what would be even more fun? If YOU and my brother did this. That would be the best comedy routine EVERY.

      Delete